Tuesday 15 September 2015

Travelling for young women



There is a whole world out there.

Well apparently. I haven't seen it all. So I just kind of have to take people's word for it.

Or I could go and see for myself :)

Above is a world map (obviously). The blue is where I have been. And although I have done my fair share of travelling, it hardly looks like anything compared to all the grey! It almost makes me want to go to Russia just so that whole section can be coloured. But Russia actually isn't high on my list of places to see so I feel like that would be a waste haha.

So where is on my list now?

America. Which I have now been to twice and done pretty well. But there is so much more! Also, there are seasonal differences. I need to see central park in summer! I need to go to a baseball game! I want to go on a road trip in an old school American classic with the roof down. Or on a motorbike. Just so much to do. And of course eat.

Ireland. Just. Everything. The only annoying thing is you really need to schedule this for their summer. But it has been top of my list since I was a little girl. It is going to happen! I will get wasted on Guinness surrounded by Irish men.

Bora Bora. Who doesn't want a hut on stilts? Wake up to a fruit platter and then dive into the crystal blue waters out the front door. Paradise.

And where would I suggest for young ladies like myself that I have already been to?

New Orleans. My favourite city in the world. Southern charm. Southern food. Southern boys ;)
It has history. It has intense parties. It has voodoo. It has jazz music. Just do it ok? Take someone with you though. It can be dangerous. Or go on a tour! Best experience and gives you people to hang out with :)

Thailand. Such a gentle culture of people. The food is amazing and cheap. Lots of interesting cultural things to see like temples and snake charming. And the shopping...... :) :)

But do you know what I think is also really important? Exploring your own country! Tasmania is breathtaking and all about using local resources. So excellent for restaurants and bars.
The northern territory really shows nature at its best. The great ocean road in Victoria is a must see! So if you are on a budget, pack the car with snacks, girlfriends and road trip tunes and just EXPLORE. Camp everywhere. You will meet other young people doing the same and you will make amazing memories.

Can we pause and appreciate my hair and choice in clothing in the picture on the right. That's how I get the boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment