Sunday 2 August 2015

Cat calls and pick up lines


So I was browsing youtube like I do most nights and I discovered a video of a girl walking through new york for 10 hours and she had someone walk in front of her and video it so that the world could see all of the disgusting things guys said to her.

Firstly, I thought....omg who is going to walk for ten hours!?

Closely followed by...woah...yeh...it really is that bad isn't it.

Click HERE if you want to see the video :)

Now without trying to sound up myself, I have had my fair share of disgusting things yelled at me from passers by. Mostly by guys in cars because they feel protected when we don't have time to react. And although it is a really common thing now, a lot of them actually stick with you. Well..they have with me. So I thought I would share some of the things that have happened to me.

Keep in mind, I don't really consider myself a 'skimpy' dresser. Not that I am afraid to wear a shorter skirt on a night out :)

Once I was on a run with my male friend on one of my fitness binges (which of course didn't last long). We had gotten to the point where we were too tired to keep running so we were just walking and chatting. He is a pretty tall and solid guy which makes what happens next pretty unbelievable. These two guys pulled up next to us in their car and started talking to me. "hey, I was just wondering if I can have your number?".
The balls on this guy.
Me: "ahhh..."
His mate: "give him your number!"
Me: *looks to friend in disbelief as my friend laughs*
Me: "Umm I have a boyfriend
" Guy: "HA! I don't want to be your boyfriend..."

Wow. Yeh. I kept walking.

One guy simply yelled out "SLUT" whilst I was walking home from the bus stop, in my school uniform, whilst on the phone to my mother.

I was once running along this road which had two round abouts about 250m from each other and this guy kept going around them and coming back to honk at me and yell out stuff I couldn't hear. That one honestly scared the shit out of me. I was by myself :(

One guy took a handful of my hair and smelt it. And then invited his friends to do the same. Ok. That one I laughed at.

I have been grabbed by the throat when one of my girlfriends tried to pull me away from a group of guys.

I have been followed by a car when walking home by myself.

I have had many trucks honk at me. Which is honestly scary because if you don't expect it the sound is really loud haha.

"You're a MILF without the M"

"Nice blow job lips"

I was overseas with my Dad and we were walking through the streets and this guy was like "Mister, if that was my daughter, I would never let her out of the house. That shit ain't safe"

"Ganga"

"Aren't you as loose as your friend?"

"I want to rape the shit out of you"

"Let me take you out back and show you what I am capable of"

"Excuse me, I would like to fuck you from behind"

"Hey babe, would you like to come back to my hotel?" *shows me money in his wallet*

"Don't be a bitch. Come home with me"

"You are a fucking tease aren't you?"

"I can put a pillow over your head and pretend you are someone else baby girl"


The point is you aren't going to achieve anything by saying these things other than scaring someone...which I am sure probably wasn't your plan. Do you think that by you saying you want to rape me I am going to go home with you? You are disgusting.

So more than anything this is a thankyou message. To all of the gentlemen out there who aren't going to treat women like toys or animals.

Thankyou :)

xx Sar.









1 comment: