Thursday 28 February 2013

My love/hate relationship with fitness

Picture from google
I hate working out. Like...hate it. For one thing, I look ridiculous with a ponytail. Also, overweight people rarely look good in gym clothes. Add sweat and overall exhaustion to the mix? NOT GREAT.

It is always the second workout that puts me right off. The first one is great. "Look at me, I'm finally getting around to getting my health back on track!". You may buy some new gym clothes, a little towel, drink bottle and just really look the part. And it is all fine and dandy until...the second workout. I hereby name this the Second workout phenomenon. Watch out, this is soon to be a worldwide sensation. So what happens in the second workout that makes it so different to the first you ask? LET ME TELL YOUUUU.

1. If you have decided to combine your new exercise regime with a new diet, you are feeling pretty hungry by this point. Having halved your portion sizes, the strategically placed cafe in the gym is starting to look pretty good. "Maybe just a double choc chip muffin...with a diet coke to even that out."

2. The excitement has worn off. Suddenly, the cool new cross trainer you loved so much the first time is now a machine blessed by satan that you would not wish on your worst enemies. You have had to wash all your gym clothes from the first time. EFFORT. And you are also probably a little sore. Just sucky all around really.

3. Your confidence plummets. You no longer think "people are looking at me in the gym and thinking 'Good on that fatty for turning her life around'". Nup. Now you are just a fatty.

I'm sure I could come up with more reasons to add to that. But I called this blog my LOVE/hate relationship with fitness. So I should probably put some good stuff in here too. Even in there are very few to write.

Photo from google
1. The feeling you get after your workout. You did it! You managed to stick at it for an hour and only had 15 water breaks and a short perve at the mixed mens martial arts class. Go you.

2. To make other fatty's feel bad. "I ran 6km today! How was the couch and the food channel?" Ok, I may be joking about this one...mostly. But a little bit of boasting is good for you! You should feel proud!

3. Reaching your goal. One of the strategies counsellors and psychologists use with their clients is goal setting. Mainly because the feeling you get when you achieve them is amazing. Lost 5kg? Priceless.

Okay, well thats enough from me on this topic.

Happy sweating fellow fattys! x

No comments:

Post a Comment