Monday 1 July 2013

Let me tell you about cats...


Ahhh cats. You either love them or hate them. Or in my case, a bit of both. I adopted my cat Cleocatra (yes that is her real name) from the vet in 2011. My poor little baby was found in a garbage dump covered in oil with her brothers and sisters. Someone found them and took them to the vet where they cleaned her up and put her in the kitten adoption program. You would be surprised how extensive the selection process for an owner was. They called and asked us questions and I was really worried that we wouldn't get her. But I beat the other person who was trying to buy her. So nar nar neee nahh nahhhh! Surprisingly she was the calmer of the kittens...you wouldn't think that now. 

So here are a few little things about cats that you should know if you are thinking of adopting one. I am all for it if you are! Much better then buying from a pet shop. 

1. You think they are oh so cute and want love and attention and then they lash out at the closest point of contact. They will allow you to cuddle them to a certain point and then that is IT. They are not like dogs who just sit around waiting for a pat. They have a brain. hahaha.


Mumma! Take a photo!
2. That movie Shrek where there is the cat who uses his cute eyes to get what he wants? That is based on reality. Usually for food.

Her first day

3. When they do decide to be affectionate (or just annoy you), they will come and sit on whatever it is you are doing. Homework...the newspaper....your laptop...your lap whilst you are eating dinner. And then they make you feel guilty for wanting to get them off when they are finally showing you attention...
Love meeee
4. Once they have decided what food they like they will ignore any other unless starving. My cat for example has put a ban on dry food. So it is best to keep them on something that is affordable for you before they get that addiction.


She was so litttttttle!
5. Lastly, cat toys are of no use. Except scratcher posts. Although my cat also likes to scratch the lounge. My cat also likes to just sit on anything with a weird texture like hessian bags. We bought her a nice little bed that she can go in and sleep in and keep warm. She sleeps on top of it. What can you do?


Okay well that is all folks. Hope you enjoyed this and I know these seem rather negative but I do love my cat and wouldn't trade her for anything. My 5 year old brother would though. And as he likes to remind me. "When she dies maybe we will get a dog" -_-
xx

2 comments:

  1. I loe cats. I always has and aleays will. They are fantastic animals.
    Lovely pictures you have posted.

    ReplyDelete