Sunday 17 February 2013

What I did for Valentine's Day

Annoying that I didn't manage to get all the letters in!
So the night before Valentine's Day, my boyfriend lets me know of our plans; to go and stay the night in a cabin at Lake Macquarie. Suddenly every outfit I had planned could no longer be worn in this situation and I had to re-plan.

I woke up at a decent time, did my nails and made sure my bags were packed. I then proceeded to walk (in the heat) to the train station (45 minute walk with my bag), on my way to meet boyfriend after he finished work in the city where we would begin our 1.5 hour drive to Lake Mac. Everywhere I looked there were men or women carrying flowers and it was just beautiful! I was put in charge of directions for our drive, which is never a good idea, but we made it right on time for check in.

Sydney Harbour Bridge
So we got there around 5 O'clock and we were pretty tired. I thought it would be a good time to give boyfriend his present. Before I tell you what it is, you need to know that I am a hopeless romantic. I decided that everyday for the month leading up to Valentine's Day I would write him a letter. This included what I was feeling that day or anything I had to say. So this is what I presented to him, as well as a handmade card. I know, I'm pretty cute :P

Anywho, continuing on, we got settled in our cabin and then decided to find a shopping centre. Boyfriend had decided he would make me dinner on top of everything! I got a delicious vegetable curry with rice and we bought pre-made desserts. Lemon cheesecake and tiramisu. Life was complete! Our Valentine's night movie choice was Letters to Juliet.

In the morning, check out was pretty early, 10am. So we got up at nine, got ready and had a look at the brochures we received on check-in and found a beach half an hour away that had caves you could walk in and explore. Hence the name- Caves Beach. So we made the journey and unfortunately it was high tide so we couldn't actually go in the caves.


Despite the dreary weather and the lack of cave exploration time, we had a nice romantic walk along the beach and it was an altogether lovely time away. I felt like a very lucky girl. I shouted boyfriend some potato scollops and chips (a must-have when you go to the beach!) and then we headed home.

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day spoilt by friends, family or loved ones. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment