Sunday 1 November 2015

Introducing my partner to my Dad



Some people may say I am cruel.

To those people I say....

Thanks babe.

So I've mentioned very briefly before that I have a new beau.

His name isn't Beau.

But he is my beau. You know?

We have officially been together three months tomorrow and last night I introduced him to my Dad.

hahahaa.

hahahahahhahaa.

So I feel like I didn't help him feel comfortable because it started with me just laughing at his anxiety. He doesn't have much experience with parent meeting.

I also whispered insults at him all night.

And at one stage he flicked me after I said one and I openly blurted "DID YOU JUST FLICK ME!?"

:)

It was also a wine tasting event.

He doesn't like wine. And once I believe he even referred to wine tasting as pretentious. So he was not really set up in a comfortable environment as it was. Especially when he was asked how often he drinks wine and how much he knew already.

But bless him he did well. Even if he didn't let me cheat at the wine tasting when I asked him for help. I will remember that ass hat.

He was also worried that getting drunk around my family was a bad idea for the first meeting. I informed him that he didn't have to, but everyone else would. The trick is eating the cheese and biscuits guys! THE CHEESE AND BISCUITS.

I had a prank all planned out for when he arrived. But I was told by my father that it wasn't allowed. "Don't be mean to him. You are always mean to them!". He knows me so well.
I had recently introduced him to quince paste which he thought was 'alright'. And on the cheese plate there was quince paste and pate. Which, when in their pots look really similar because pate can come with gelatin on top. So I was going to tell him the pate was quince paste and would have revelled in the glory. But alas it was forbidden. He also didn't know what pate exactly consisted of. He wasn't amused by my response.

I did however offer him some blue cheese which I knew he wouldn't like. But I asked oh so sweetly and had even prepared it for him so that he would look ungrateful if he turned it down. hahahahaaha. He wasn't a fan. But oh I was.

Later, when dinner was ready, I was in the kitchen serving myself a plate and my Dad came in and said "it would be a nice gesture for you to make a plate for him too". So I made a plate, took it to the living room where he was sitting and said "Here I am adhering to gender stereotyping like you prefer!".

So basically I made the whole experience really enjoyable for him. Which is my job as a loving girlfriend. He is so lucky to have me.

Maybe I should make a blog entitled "Sarah's tips for introducing new partners to your parents". I obviously have a lot of knowledge and wisdom on the topic to share with you all.

xx Sar.





No comments:

Post a Comment